cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

document composition - not showing a blank keyword and inserting another keyword

pam_parr
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I am using Unity 14 and Document Composition Template Builder in MS Word 2010.  My goal is to check company name keyword from a placeholder and if it is blank insert Third Party Name keyword and if it is not blank then insert the keyword company name.  Beneath that placeholder I need to be able to check company name again to confirm that the keyword Company Name is not blank and if it is not blank then I need to insert Keyword ThirdPartyName.  The issue is that the system locks up when I try to do this.  I don't understand why? 

The logic is this:  The main template hits a placeholder that calls a Fragment called Fragment3ptychk

This Fragment has 2 placeholders - Placeholder CompanyName and Placeholder to determine if Thirdparty Inserted

the placeholder that is ran first is PlaceHolder CompanyName with the following conditions:

1.  Use Keyword Type CompanyName

2.  When the placeholder value is blank insert another placeholder's value Placeholder ThirdPtyName (which uses keyword type ThirdpartyName)

Second Place holder Placeholder to determine if Thirdparty Inserted:

1.  keyword type CompanyName

2.  When the placeholder value is blank, do not insert anything (I don't want 3rd party name to appear 2 times in the letter)

3.  When Placeholder value is not equal to any other condition insert another placeholder's value Placeholder ThirdptyName.

When I run this using the compostion preview it locks up.  I have to use task manager to kill the MS word process and then exit Unity.

Can someone please tell me how I can insert the company name only if it is not blank and not get a empty field on the template?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

pam_parr
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I have resolved this issue. Deleting everything for the third time and recreating it fixed it.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

pam_parr
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I have resolved this issue. Deleting everything for the third time and recreating it fixed it.