cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Composition Letter Template Documenation

Ujjwal_Shrestha
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Are there any plans on creating out of the box documentation for Doc Comp Template/Fragments ?

After development is complete we hand over the templates to our Business Users who will maintain them and update them as needed, it will be very beneficial for them if we show like an activity flow diagram on the template and fragments and how they are all connected. Which placeholders have conditions etc. Having this visual help diagram would be great plus to Document Composition Module. And a great documentation for users so they know exactly where each rules are know which fragments they need to update instead of trying to figure this out by clicking on each placeholder.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Jordan_Polaniec
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello Ujjwal,

Unfortunately, there is no current ability to do this in Document Composition.  SCR 160781 has been created for this enhancement.  Feel free to contact your first line of support if you would like to be attached to it.

Thank you,

Jordan

Keith_Salmon
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I have developed several sql statements that can assist in knowing which templates have placeholders with queries, what those queries are, which placeholders have conditions, what those conditions are, and many more helpful sqls for determining information about templates, placeholders, etc. You could build documentation around the results of these sqls. This isn't a visual diagram, but it's a start. Indicate if you would like these sql's and I'll forward.

Ujjwal_Shrestha
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Thank you Keith, very kind of you to offer this. I have the sql too that can determine that but i was looking more for out of the box functionality just like how Workflow Studio prepares the workflow documentation, It is something that would be great to have for users and easy to use.

Thanks

Rick_Stuckey
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hey Keith (or Ujjwal). Any chance you would share the SQL statement(s) that helped document your Doc Comp config? I'm in need of such, but don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks!

-Rick-