Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doc Composition Issue in OnBase 12

Ujjwal_Shrestha
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi

Has anyone else had this issue ?

i have 2 Document Composition Action built in same adhoc that creates 2 letters. First one is regular letter while another action is CC Letter of the original letter.

They are both same and only difference between 2 letter is the address contents. So when i configured the address placeholder i used conditions so if its a first letter then use address A and if its CC Letter use address B. And in between the compose doc composition action i have keyword that gets replaced. My problem is the cc letter gets the same address as the original address, and to get the cc address, i have to click redo button on the document composition window 2-3 times.  It looks like document composition doesn't refresh the keyword while the letters are getting created. I have already tried adding reload keyword and reload document actions after i chang the keyword value before creating cc letter and it doesn't work.

Any workaround is greatly apreciated, i just dont want to create 2 template for this as only thing that is different between this letters is address. I am using OnBase 12.0.1.528 SP1

THanks

3 REPLIES 3

Allan_Schon
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello Ujjwal,

Document Composition acts on the current keywords in the OnBase database; this might be an issue with the specific workflow you've configured.  As a test, try configuring the first letter and the action that changes the keyword in one task, and the second letter in separate ad-hoc task and see if that works as intended. 

I'll check with a workflow expert and see if I can get some details on when keywords are updated in a task list.

Ujjwal_Shrestha
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Allan

I just did another round of test today in web client and this works without any issue in web client. Issue seems to be related to Thick Client (Core-Based) However can this be researched as we run lot of hybrid workflow so lot of user still use the Core-Based Workflow Thick Client.

I tried what you suggested and even with different adhoc it is still an issue in Thick Client. I updated the keyword in the first adhoc and on the create CC letter adhoc i composed the letter, it had the address from original letter and after i hit redo couple times in preview i got the cc address.

Let me know your findings.

Thanks

Allan_Schon
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello Ujjwal,

I spoke to someone on the workflow team, and what you're describing should work.  Because of the complexity of debugging an issue with Workflow, your best bet is to contact your first line of support so that the specific workflow can be examined.  If it turns out that there's a bug, then it will be very useful if the developer can recreate the issue in-house.

-Allan.