cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doc Comp Preview Opening in Separate Word Window

Nate_Ellenwood
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello, when I as an admin use the compose document option on a Workview Object to create a doc comp document the preview window opens with Word embedded in it. Once I am done I can hit the accept button and it closes and ingests the document. My users however use the same compose button and the preview window opens with the accept and cancel buttons but then the template itself opens in a separate Word window. I'm wondering how to get theirs to open embedded in the preview window like mine. I have looked at template options, config user group settings, and the config file itself and have had a hard time tracing it down.

TIA

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Laura_McDowell
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

When this happens for my users, it's usually a setting in Word.  File menu, Options... select "optimize for compatibility" 

(The screenshot shows for Excel, but it's the same thing.  This will happen with any Office product).

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Malissa_Gomez
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I have a user having this same issue, unsure why this is happening?

Laura_McDowell
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

When this happens for my users, it's usually a setting in Word.  File menu, Options... select "optimize for compatibility" 

(The screenshot shows for Excel, but it's the same thing.  This will happen with any Office product).

Had the user try this and it resolved their issue. It's weird though that it was working for me fine without that radio being selected but regardless it fixed it for the user. Thank you!!!

Patricia_Baksh
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

This was helpful for my users too!  And like Nate E, worked for me without changing the option.