cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Document Composition dates in other languages?

Not applicable

When creating Date placeholders in Document Composition, as of version 15, you can select the format for the long date.  However, if I wanted to display the month in a different language (such as Spanish), there is no way I can accomplish this off the current options.  Is there a way to format long dates according to Language settings?  We are currently able to do it if we change the Regional Settings of the Application Server.  But this changes the language in the Application Server as well, which results in pain when figuring out where to configure and/or change stuff.  Please let me know if there are any workarounds, or if this could be an enhancement. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Greg_Cieslik
Employee
Employee

Hello all,

If you need to translate into something other than your machine's local this can be accomplished by using date formats and conditions on the placeholders. Basically, create three placeholders for a single date value,  with each assigned to a specific portion of the date (day, month, year.) You can do this by setting the display option on the placeholder for each section of the date.

Here's an example of each of the three placeholders with the corresponding date format listed below them:

0b4ec38806464755a8ba4ab09a9de65c

Next, I added conditions to the Month placeholder to translate the numeric value into a string value of a language that is different from my machine's locale:

60ff6517ac31455ba6842a5c49ef84bc

The result would look like: 04 février 2022

This does mean that you need three placeholders for every unique instance of a 'Date' being used, but this solution offers the flexibility to translate into any language you need to. 

Thanks for the question, and I apologize for the delayed answer.

Greg

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Sergio_Castañed
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Buenas tardes, le contestaron algo de Hyland??

Felipe_Zamora4
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Is there a solution for this issue? I have the same problem

Did you solve this? I have the same issue

Greg_Cieslik
Employee
Employee

Hello all,

If you need to translate into something other than your machine's local this can be accomplished by using date formats and conditions on the placeholders. Basically, create three placeholders for a single date value,  with each assigned to a specific portion of the date (day, month, year.) You can do this by setting the display option on the placeholder for each section of the date.

Here's an example of each of the three placeholders with the corresponding date format listed below them:

0b4ec38806464755a8ba4ab09a9de65c

Next, I added conditions to the Month placeholder to translate the numeric value into a string value of a language that is different from my machine's locale:

60ff6517ac31455ba6842a5c49ef84bc

The result would look like: 04 février 2022

This does mean that you need three placeholders for every unique instance of a 'Date' being used, but this solution offers the flexibility to translate into any language you need to. 

Thanks for the question, and I apologize for the delayed answer.

Greg