cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assistance with populating Doc Comp Keywords from WorkView

Matthew_Guzzi
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I have created a Template in Doc Comp, and I have a Work View object with a Button that points to a Work View System Task. I am trying to use the Work View System task to create a Donation Thank you letter from the Doc Comp Template but I can’t get the keywords to populate on the document.

Is the Work View object in memory when I execute the system task? Do I have to copy the Attributes to Properties and then to the Key Words using a function like the Set Property Value? Or can I set the keywords in the Portfolio Relation from the Work View object?

My function works and it creates the document it’s just that I can’t get the keywords to populate.

4 REPLIES 4

Larissa_Armand
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Matt,

It sounds like your template placeholders are configured as keyword values but the values are stored as WV attributes. It's been a bit since I worked with doc comp but I think there is an option (and this may depend on your version) to configure the template placeholders as attributes. That seems a lot more straightforward than trying to create a document with the same values as keywords to pass through to the template, but it seems like that could work as well. 

Jessica_Gutshal
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

It's been awhile since I've been in Doc Comp, but off the top of my head, here are a few things:

1. In the Doc Comp Template Builder, add the attribute as a placeholder on your document.
  2. If you've already done that, set up your attribute to map to your keyword value.efa17eba07104c82a3501151f50396f8
  3. Add the placeholder at the appropriate spot within your template.
  4. Save your template and try your test again.

Was going to post this same thing....set up placeholders from WV Attributes or Filters....then configure a mapping to keywords.

5726c970f57349dfbabb8bea094596dc

I have a question following up this. I need these placeholders so I can generate the keywords however Is there a way to hide these on the generated document there are values I need to generate on creation that are not part of the final document. I attempted to hide them with barcodes and such however this just clutters the document. I am wondering can I hide placeholders so on generation it shows nothing at all? or does this functionality not exist? 

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.