cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separating ArchiveLink server from BIC indexing server - Is this possible?

Laurie_Mordick
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Was wondering if it were possible to install ArchiveLink application on one web server and BIC application on a second web server?

I realize that I cannot load balance the ArchiveLink and BIC functionality, however I am thinking that I might be able to improve performance and throughput if I can separate these two functions.

Thanks for any info.  L  🙂

3 REPLIES 3

Gary_Noe
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Laurie  -

It is possible to install the BIC Service (responsible for the keyword updates) on a separate server from ArchiveLink.  The one thing I would recommend when doing so, it moving the BIC config XML file to a network location.  The ArchiveLink virtual directory and the BIC service both reference this configuration file.

Laurie_Mordick
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Thanks Gary for the speedy response. 

I was also doing some research on the SAP blog and see that it is now possible to load balance ArchiveLink.  Is that true?  I remember when we first installed, that was not possible at the time.

Our volume has increased SUBSTANTIALLY since our original install and I am wondering if load balancing might be another option for us to handle the throughput or would that just provide high availability, but no efficiency in handling volume due to the single database.  Thanks  L  🙂

Joe_Pineda
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Although this is in response to a very old post, I thought someone might benefit. I just tried the suggestion of moving the BIC config XML  to a network location because I am a running two BIC servers... It doesn't work for OnBase 17.

When I moved the file, and added the new path to the config to look at the new file path, the config just doesn't show in the BIC Desktop config tool. I noticed that just running the too simply creates a new blank config file.