cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Researching Load Balancing of the SAP ArchiveLink Server

David_Root
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I'm researching options for load balancing the SAP ArchiveLink servers for my organization and came across a forum in which Aaron Jack indicated that Hyland has a number of customers who have effectively Load Balanced the ArchiveLink Server. He referenced a good white paper which summarizes load balancing of OnBase in general. If possible, I'd like to connect with any of those customers who have successfully load balanced the ArchiveLink Server to discuss any pitfalls or gotcha's I should look out for.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Gary_Noe
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi All -

The ArchiveLink web application (also known as OnBase Content Server) acts much like the OnBase Application Server and can be load balanced in a similar fashion;  however, there are some specific considerations that need to be taken into account.

• Use UNC paths when configuring the ArchiveLink Settings
    • Address Book Location
    • Certificate Location
    • IDoc Processing Location
    • IDoc Backup Location
  • ODBC Configuration mirrored on both servers
  • When Activating certificates sent from SAP, it should only need to be activated from one server
  • Configuration in SAP needs to be updated to the LB URL

That should be all that is required.  The ArchiveLink requests that come from SAP are stateless so it should be OK to have the load balancer configured for round robin for the Content Server.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Laurie_Mordick
Star Contributor
Star Contributor
David - Can you please post the link of the White Paper you are referencing? Thanks L 🙂

David_Root
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ
www.hyland.com/.../8463 This link got me to it. The forum I was referencing is dated 12/5/2011 opened by Leonardo Lopez which contains Aaron Jack's reply to Leonardo's question.

Gary_Noe
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi All -

The ArchiveLink web application (also known as OnBase Content Server) acts much like the OnBase Application Server and can be load balanced in a similar fashion;  however, there are some specific considerations that need to be taken into account.

• Use UNC paths when configuring the ArchiveLink Settings
    • Address Book Location
    • Certificate Location
    • IDoc Processing Location
    • IDoc Backup Location
  • ODBC Configuration mirrored on both servers
  • When Activating certificates sent from SAP, it should only need to be activated from one server
  • Configuration in SAP needs to be updated to the LB URL

That should be all that is required.  The ArchiveLink requests that come from SAP are stateless so it should be OK to have the load balancer configured for round robin for the Content Server.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.