Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got Error "Missing feature Apex Classes" when testing - Solved

Richard_Ruiz
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

**  Update  - Got the correct link to install ***

Trying to install the OB Integration for Sales force in our Sales Force (Professional Edition) instance and go an error.

Missing feature Apex Classes Installing this package requires the following feature and its associated permissions: Apex Classes

According to Salesforce support ...

"It sounds like you are trying to install a package into a professional edition org.This will only work with managed packages that have been appropriately certified by Salesforce.If using apex is important to you and you need to it quickly the best option is to upgrade your Salesforce edition from Professional or Group Edition to Enterprise Edition or higher."

We were told that SF Integration should work with Professional.  

I am using the url in the SF Integration  documentation ..... 

https://login.salesforce.com/packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04t4T000001u1CQ

... SF  has a disclaimer on the install page and I get the above error.

"You’re installing a Non-Salesforce Application that is not authorized for distribution as part of Salesforce’s AppExchange Partner Program"

The version shown on this screen is 1.1. This version fails to install in SF Professional Edition. The application will install in my developer version of SF.

There is an approved app is on the SF Exchange but the version  shown is Jun 20 / 1.2.0.  It says this is is approved for Professional Edition.

Perhaps the link in the documentation is outdated?

Anybody else have this issue?

1 REPLY 1

AlexaKempton
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Thanks for updating your post for us, Rich!