cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Question about ESRI Onbase integration.

jim_metcalf
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We are running Onbase 15. I need to integrate arcgis mapping with onbase. We had a demo running a long time ago for management that was utilizing silverlight (this was a demo). From my understanding, Silverlight is going to not be supported in the near future so I would like to get this system up and running using another technology. I have been reading around documents that suggest Web services from Onbase.

Please correct if I am describing things wrongly. I'm just very new to this.

I guess my biggest question is this. If we upgraded to onbase version 16, would ESRI integration be easier and would it also integrate with a different technology other than silverlight.

I would like to know the best strategy for integrating arcgis and onbase. we are open to upgrading to onbase 16 if it indeed makes the integration easier.

Thanks a ton

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Jess_Vorobel
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hi Jim!

Thanks for reaching out on Community!

Starting a few releases ago, we began supporting and developing JavaScript offerings to have parity with our Silverlight offerings for the Integration for Esri (Server)offerings. In OnBase 16, we were able to get this parity up so that functionality offered in Silverlight was available in JavaScript. This includes things like retrieve, import, download zip, attach, detach, workflow, foldering (in a 16 service pack), and web page pop, which can be used to populate forms in OnBase.

There is a feature matrix that discusses these changes: https://www.onbase.com/community/onbase_product_communities/integration_for_esri/b/b3/archive/2016/0...

The Hyland GIS Web Service and the Web AppBuilder Widget columns are what would qualify as our JavaScript offerings.

If you would like to see a demo of the offerings in OnBase 16, you can reach out to your account manager for a formal one. In the meantime, www.gis.onbase.com is a great place to go to look at what our integration can do. (Under the Planning and Land Management option, there is a link to a "How To Video" which will run through the demo.)

To answer your main question: we offer JavaScript based integrations in OnBase 16, so you would not have to use Silverlight-- though Silverlight is still supported in OnBase 16. As to whether or not it would be easier for you, I would need a bit more information about the business problem you are trying to solve and what you are currently using before I can answer that question.

Please let me know if you need any other information!

Thanks!

-Jessica

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jess_Vorobel
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hi Jim!

Thanks for reaching out on Community!

Starting a few releases ago, we began supporting and developing JavaScript offerings to have parity with our Silverlight offerings for the Integration for Esri (Server)offerings. In OnBase 16, we were able to get this parity up so that functionality offered in Silverlight was available in JavaScript. This includes things like retrieve, import, download zip, attach, detach, workflow, foldering (in a 16 service pack), and web page pop, which can be used to populate forms in OnBase.

There is a feature matrix that discusses these changes: https://www.onbase.com/community/onbase_product_communities/integration_for_esri/b/b3/archive/2016/0...

The Hyland GIS Web Service and the Web AppBuilder Widget columns are what would qualify as our JavaScript offerings.

If you would like to see a demo of the offerings in OnBase 16, you can reach out to your account manager for a formal one. In the meantime, www.gis.onbase.com is a great place to go to look at what our integration can do. (Under the Planning and Land Management option, there is a link to a "How To Video" which will run through the demo.)

To answer your main question: we offer JavaScript based integrations in OnBase 16, so you would not have to use Silverlight-- though Silverlight is still supported in OnBase 16. As to whether or not it would be easier for you, I would need a bit more information about the business problem you are trying to solve and what you are currently using before I can answer that question.

Please let me know if you need any other information!

Thanks!

-Jessica