cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I Convert a Unity Form to a TIFF in Workflow?

Collin_Walker
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hello everyone,

When I am viewing a Unity Form in the Unity Client's document retrieval, I have the option to send the Unity Form to a file and select a file format of "Default/TIFF Format" (Retrieve Document > Right Click > Send To > File Format: "Default/TIFF Format").  The resulting file is precisely what I'm looking for, but I need a way to do this in a workflow so I can upload that document to DocuSign.  Is there a way to create a revision of the Unity Form document as TIFF in workflow?

Thank you,

EDIT:  Thank you everyone for the help.  It looks like there's no way around getting the PDF Framework license.  I will be purchasing this soon.

3 ACCEPTED ANSWERS

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

There might be a better way, but I know you can convert a Unity Form to a PDF document (I think this is done upon submission). Then you can in turn send that PDF document either into a scan queue and use the image processing/data capture server to convert it to a TIFF image. Alternatively, you can take that PDF and use the Create PDF/TIFF Image workflow action to convert it to a TIFF. (NOTE: This workflow action requires the PDF Framework License to use.)

Hope this helps or someone else can provide an alternative.

Thanks.

Ryan Wakefield

View answer in original post

Larissa_Armand
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

In EP3 (but maybe as early as EP1, not sure when exactly it was introduced) there's an option in the form template configuration to save as an image on submit. So that may be an option depending on your version. 

Kris_Conrads
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

From the EP3 MRG, it looks like you can use the Create PDF/TIFF File action directly on a Unity Form.

394f7ec3a47145d9a3b83ebd9a18e590

The thing you'll probably have to play with is creating a revision of the same document.  I know you can do a rendition or a new document.  I've just never used it to create a revision.  The gotcha with the rendition is I don't know if you can send a specific rendition to Docusign.  I've never played with Unity Forms going to Docusign.  It will be interesting to hear your results, because it's an intriguing  idea. 

Good luck!

Kris

8 REPLIES 8

Wendi_Barker
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Collin I will be following this thread because we are just starting to look for the same solution.

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

There might be a better way, but I know you can convert a Unity Form to a PDF document (I think this is done upon submission). Then you can in turn send that PDF document either into a scan queue and use the image processing/data capture server to convert it to a TIFF image. Alternatively, you can take that PDF and use the Create PDF/TIFF Image workflow action to convert it to a TIFF. (NOTE: This workflow action requires the PDF Framework License to use.)

Hope this helps or someone else can provide an alternative.

Thanks.

Ryan Wakefield

Larissa_Armand
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

In EP3 (but maybe as early as EP1, not sure when exactly it was introduced) there's an option in the form template configuration to save as an image on submit. So that may be an option depending on your version. 

See, I knew a more guru person of Unity Forms would have a better solution than me. lol 🙂