cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Dashboards - Export Current View of Data to Excel

Eric_Nelson1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Is there a way to export a reporting dashboard to excel but only include the data that is currently being displayed?

I see that the "Export Data" button says it will "Export the item's underlying data to a spreadsheet." From my experience, this means exporting the data provider.

I'd like to be able to run a dashboard, manipulate the data by filtering, etc. and then export just that data to Excel. This would be ideal for providing data to leadership or other users who may be requesting slightly different data. I could have my base dashboard but then manipulate it to just the data I need and then export it for the user so they are just seeing what they need.

Even giving the option to select whether you want to export all underlying data or just the currently visible data would be nice. Also, giving the option to select which columns to export would be great but not required.

If this functionality doesn't exist, is there an SCR out there to request this?

Thanks!

Eric

2 REPLIES 2

William_Pawul1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Eric!

In OnBase 18 we added the "Export to Excel" functionality to the individual dashboard items. This option will respect any parameters or filters that are applied to the item.

Column filtering and sorting will not be respected, SCR# 309508 was created to address this.

I hope this helps!

William

William,

Thanks for the update. That is certainly a step in the right direction.

I did some further testing (in version 18.0.037):

• If I am viewing the dashboard in the Unity Client and use the "Export Data" button in the ribbon - It exports the data without any parameters or filters applied. It only appears to export the data (all of it regardless of filters or parameters) and not any specific dashboard items. It would be nice if it gave the option like in bullet 4 below to select whether to include parameters or filters.
  • If I am in the Dashboard Design and right click in the dashboard and click "Export Dashboard" and "Export to Excel" - It exports each dashboard item as a separate tab. It appears to include the filtering and parameters on all tabs. However, the tab that shows the filter item includes all possible options instead of just the one selected. It would be nice if it gave the option like in bullet 4 below to select whether to include parameters or filters.
  • Unfortunately, the "Export Dashboard" option is not available when I am just viewing the dashboard in the Unity Client (it's only available in the design view). It would be great if it was available in the client.
  • If I click the little "Export To" icon in the upper left of each dashboard item, it will export just that dashboard item but it does give the option to indicate whether to include the parameters and filters (non-column ones).

Hopefully the feedback above can make its way to the development team to make the tweaks.

Thanks again!

Eric