cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Keyword from Data Provider

Alexa_Muhs
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

I have a Document Type data provider I created with keywords a, b, c, d, e, and f. I use that data provider on dashboard X. When I have the client verify that dashboard X looks correct, they come back and let me know they gave me the wrong keyword, it should be g instead of f. Keyword f is used in one place. I add g to my data provider, and edit dashboard X to use g instead of f. Works great. Since I don't want the database to bother finding f anymore, I remove it from the data provider. Now I get an error and the data for the board won't load.

Why can't I remove an unused keyword from a data provider?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

William_Pawul1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Alexa,

You should definitely be able to remove unused keywords from a data provider.  I was not able to reproduce this issue with the description provided.  Without seeing the error, along with the set up of the Data Provider & Dashboard it is hard to say why you are experiencing an error.  Please contact your first line of support to assist in troubleshooting any errors experienced.

Thanks!

William

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

William_Pawul1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Alexa,

You should definitely be able to remove unused keywords from a data provider.  I was not able to reproduce this issue with the description provided.  Without seeing the error, along with the set up of the Data Provider & Dashboard it is hard to say why you are experiencing an error.  Please contact your first line of support to assist in troubleshooting any errors experienced.

Thanks!

William