cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should SQL statement look like if parameter is using Allow multiple selection/Collapse multiple select? It gives me an error ' Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'NOT'.

Natalya_Svoysky
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

How where clause should look like 'where dt.itemtypename= @{OTPDoctype}'  if Allow multiple selection option is used.   It gives me an error ' Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'NOT'  when i select Allow dynamic logical operator.  It give me an error '' Incorrect syntax near ','  If Allow Dynamic logical operator is not selected.  

2 REPLIES 2

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Natalya Svoysky,

According to the following notes in the Reporting Dashboards - OnBase Foundation EP5 Module Reference Guide, you are only allowed to use IN or NOT IN operators.

Page 196

Note: If Allow dynamic logical operator and Allow multiple selection are both selected, the only logical operators available are IN and NOT IN, which allow the user to search for values within (when using IN) or not within (when using NOT IN) the parameter.

Page 273

Note: Without Allow dynamic logical operator enabled, the Allow multiple selection option is only valid in an IN SQL clause.

I hope this helps!

~Alan

Drina_Hobson
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello Natalya!

If we answered your question, please press the "ACCEPT ANSWER" button under the helpful Suggest Answer. This will reassure other community members that they can rely on this solution in case they have the same situation.   Otherwise, let us know so we will continue to look into this issue/question.

Thanks!

~Drina