cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant values as Gauge Targets

Sean_Killian
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

This question is related to my other question, here.  Todd Bailey was able to help me out to get customized scales per gauge but I'd like to know now if there's any way to configure targets with constant or literal values under gauges or cards.  In our custom case management software, it is normal for there to be 150+ packages in an "Awaiting Scanning" queue, but there should never be more than 10 packages in the "Awaiting Acceptance" queue.

I tried putting a case statement in the select list in the data provider to bring back the target value per queue, but in addition to this just looking wrong, just as the Actual value is aggregated, the Target is aggregated, too (which makes sense in some situations).

How do I configure the target values to be constant or literal integer values per gauge?

3 REPLIES 3

Todd_Bailey
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Sean,

You can do this with a calculated field.  If you simply enter in the value that you wish to hard code, you can then add it to a gauge or card as the target value.  Once you do that, you will want to set the aggregate function to Average.

Thank you,

Todd Bailey

Thanks again!

Hello @Todd Bailey and @Sean Killian ,

I came across this topic, but I happened to notice that while this works for true numerical values, this absolutely does not work with percentage based values. Do either of you have a suggestion on how to accomplish percentage based targets? For example, I have a guard that I have created and it shows the current percentage is 2.53% and I want to put a target of 5% on the gauge. I am really hoping either of you have found a way to do this.

Thanks.

Ryan Wakefield

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.