Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XSL stylesheet disappearing

Jason_Czajkowsk
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello,

I am new to onbase, and have begun working on an eform based off of some of the work done in some tutorial videos. However, I am finding that the example code from the tutorial is not working as expected.

Specifically, I am attempting to create a list of entries that can be added to or deleted from within my eform. I do this using a hidden input to store an XML document containing the information entered, and an XSL stylesheet to format that information to be displayed in the form. This was shown in the Premium subscription video tutorial for Advanced E-Form Development (Data Manipulation).

As per the tutorial, I have an XML tag containing the XSL stylesheet, and some javascript which applies that XSL to the XML information stored in the hidden input, and displays it as part of an HTML table in my form. This works perfectly fine in Internet Explorer, and when creating a new form in onbase. However, when I attempt to open a document I submitted using that form, I get an error stating "The stylesheet does not contain a document element. The stylesheet may be empty, or it may not be a well-formed XML document."

I checked using a javascript alert, and it does turn out that when I open a document I created, that the XML tag containing my XSL stylesheet is either empty or missing completely. This same alert had always shown the text of my stylesheet when using Internet Explorer and when I first created the document and submitted it.

I am very confused as to why this is occuring. My code is only a slightly modified version of the technique I saw in the tutorial to fit the information I want to present. So why is the method I was shown not working? Why would the XML tag containing the XSL stylesheet work correctly when creating the new form, but not after submitting and trying to open it later?

I have attached as a .txt the XML tag that I use in my eform which becomes empty after submitting to onbase.

Thank you in advance to anyone who attempts to help me with this, and if any more information or explanation is required please let me know.

0 REPLIES 0