Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workview External class based on unity script data source

Massoundi_Omar
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello

I've noticed that for the External class created with a unity script as data source, the populated data on such class is not searchable : user prompt inputs or fixed constraints applied on the class filters doesn't filtering the data. I 'm getting the same results using OnBase EP3, OnBase 18... Could anyone confirm if this is a normal behavior ?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Bobby_Thompson
Employee
Employee

Hi Massoundi,

When it comes to Unity Script-based External Classes, the responsibility of filtering the data is on your script. The constraints that a user enters or fixed constraints applied through OnBase Studio are simply provided as inputs into the Unity Script. Your code would need to apply those constraints. They are provided via args.FilterQuery.Constraints. 

The rationale behind this design is that the data is coming from an external system; retrieving a large amount of data and processing it in memory would lead to performance issues. Instead, the script would be responsible for interacting with the external system in a more performant approach.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Bobby_Thompson
Employee
Employee

Hi Massoundi,

When it comes to Unity Script-based External Classes, the responsibility of filtering the data is on your script. The constraints that a user enters or fixed constraints applied through OnBase Studio are simply provided as inputs into the Unity Script. Your code would need to apply those constraints. They are provided via args.FilterQuery.Constraints. 

The rationale behind this design is that the data is coming from an external system; retrieving a large amount of data and processing it in memory would lead to performance issues. Instead, the script would be responsible for interacting with the external system in a more performant approach.

Massoundi_Omar
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Many thanks Bobby

Vineet_kumar
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Can you please provide a sample code snippet for args.FilterQuery.Constraints. I need to filter the external class data using the parameters supplied by user through user prompts?