Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workstation's machine ID has changed error message

Keith_Sauer
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hello,

We had a project to upgrade some laptops with SSD drives for speed and reliability.  The SSD drives contained a new sysprep Windows 7 64-bit image so they were all new clean reference builds.  When joining to the domain we kept the same computer name (computers are named as their asset tag).

Onbase obviously senses the new windows image or something has changed, but the computer name remains the same.  The message users get when they log in is:

Warning! [5437]

This workstation's machine ID has changed since the last logon.  Any product registrations that have been in use by this workstation may no longer be available.  Contact your system administrator for assistance.  [ok]

They can click OK and still access the system, but its a nuisance message that they did not have to deal with before and I'd like to fix this for them.

I've tried going on the Onbase server under Admin > User Management > Workstation Registration, and then I deleted a computer name where this occurred   When they sign back on they STILL get the message and the computer name returns back into workstation registration with the concurrent licence.  I thought maybe deleting it and letting the system re-add it next time they sign on would of worked, as a new virgin computer build would do that same process.

Any idea what I can check?

Onbase 11.0.1

11 REPLIES 11

Nancy_Leight1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Try deleting the registry setting below:

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>HYLAND>WORKSTATION>MachineID
  •  
  • Deleting this will allow the machine to re-register with its new ID. Also, if you are using a template to roll out Citrix servers and it has OnBase installed already, you will want to delete this registry key BEFORE you create the template. This will allow you to roll out images without seeing this error as the new server will create the key on the first login.

Keith_Sauer
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Thanks I'll give that a shot.

I found an option in the OnBase Configuration tool under Utils > Workstation Registration.  The last check box is the only one checked off and it says "Detect changes to Workstation identification".

Is there any cons to unchecking this and saving this setting change?

Keith_Sauer
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I'm using a tool to remotely look at the registry of an affected machine.  I do not see an entry for HYLAND under HKLM\Software.  Is this because the remote registry tool?  I will have to get on the machines affected and see.  If it would happen to not exist, should I create it?

Keith_Sauer
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Got on a machine today having this problem.  There is no HYLAND folder under HKLM\Software like you say.  How else can this be fixed?  Would that checkbox on the server I mentioned stop this issue?