cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 20H2 still in testing after 6 months

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Windows 10 20H2 has been in testing since October 2020 - over 6 months.  Is there an ETA on this?  Note: Microsoft comes out with updates/versions frequently and while I certainly expect a little delay in 3rd party approval, taking over 6 months is a concern.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Austin_Wakat
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Thanks for your question on Windows 20H2 compatibility, Tom. We're targeting the end of June to complete our compatibility testing, and will update the Third Party compatibility list as soon as it is complete. I recognize it has taken some time to get this compatibility posted and appreciate the Community's patience. As Microsoft has moved to the six month release cadence for Windows, we've been taking steps internally at Hyland to turn this compatibility around faster and outside the normal OnBase release cycle for future releases.

View answer in original post

17 REPLIES 17

D_P
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Thanks Austin, that is great news!

We realize that Hyland is a MS Gold Partner and that you have full access to the resources MS provides to allow timely upgrade cycle development and deployments.  Security, Search and Social are pushing these cycles faster than ever and MS offers many programs that allow their customers and partners to keep pace with modern technologies. 

We expect no less from vendors in your tier to take advantage of Gold Partner programs like Microsoft Insider, FastTrack and their Flexible Licensing to deliver robust solutions and stay current.

Looking forward to the Fall 2021 MS Windows11 rollout...

Hyland Quote from the sales pages:  "A Microsoft Certified Partner for nearly 20 years, Hyland Software works closely with Microsoft to ensure OnBase is optimized to operate successfully in Microsoft environments."

Great question on Windows 11. I'll have a longer blog post about this soon, but we do have access to pre-releases in house and are evaluating the changes in this new version of Windows to develop a testing plan for the new OS. I expect that testing work to start later this summer. Once we have a testing plan finalized, we'll share anticipated dates for compatibility testing completion in the post I mentioned above. 

Per Austin's comment verified today (2021-07-14).  Therefore, this question is answered.  Note: I don't have the ability to lock this question, so if there are Windows 11 questions, please open a new topic and allow this one to be closed.  If you are Hyland and can lock this answered question please feel free.

Regards...

Janet_Benner
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

@Austin Wakat 

Hi Austin, 

on the 20H2 windows build there appears to be a conflict with OnBase 18 when attempting to open image files causing a renderprocess.exe error to generate. Just wondering if there was any info on that, I haven't been able to find much.

Hi Janet - I not able to find any information around that. Have you opened an issue with FLOS so we can assist?

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.