cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 20H2 still in testing after 6 months

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Windows 10 20H2 has been in testing since October 2020 - over 6 months.  Is there an ETA on this?  Note: Microsoft comes out with updates/versions frequently and while I certainly expect a little delay in 3rd party approval, taking over 6 months is a concern.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Austin_Wakat
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Thanks for your question on Windows 20H2 compatibility, Tom. We're targeting the end of June to complete our compatibility testing, and will update the Third Party compatibility list as soon as it is complete. I recognize it has taken some time to get this compatibility posted and appreciate the Community's patience. As Microsoft has moved to the six month release cadence for Windows, we've been taking steps internally at Hyland to turn this compatibility around faster and outside the normal OnBase release cycle for future releases.

View answer in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Rob_Keberdle
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Bump...when my very slow organization starts to deploy something before Hyland has blessed it - you know they are very behind.  This is going to our pilot patching group this weekend.  I've had it for about a week and haven't uncovered any issues yet but I'm far from an everyday user.  

that's us too - thanks

Austin_Wakat
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Thanks for your question on Windows 20H2 compatibility, Tom. We're targeting the end of June to complete our compatibility testing, and will update the Third Party compatibility list as soon as it is complete. I recognize it has taken some time to get this compatibility posted and appreciate the Community's patience. As Microsoft has moved to the six month release cadence for Windows, we've been taking steps internally at Hyland to turn this compatibility around faster and outside the normal OnBase release cycle for future releases.

The holdup on testing and approving this Windows version for OnBase compatibility is causing a major problem for one of our customers on v18. We can no longer troubleshoot their Unity Client crashing issues with Hyland Support because they are on the unsupported Windows 10 20H2 version. The customer had agreed to downgrade to a supported Windows version, but they discovered yesterday there is a 14 day roll back period to downgrade Windows to a previous version, and a majority of their workstations have already passed that 14 day period. This leave us no options for finding a resolution to their problem.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.