cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your backup solution?

Aaron_Bowersock
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I am currently  reviewing our backup solution for our onbase server, database and disk group's.  I wanted to post here to see how other's are backing up their onbase solution. Currently I am doing  a backup to tape and were looking at adding a mass storage backup or a cloud based offsite such as eVault.

That being said were nearing the 1TB mark and looking at eValut solutions is getting pricey when getting into that neighborhood of storage.  How and what are you backing up?  We thought about using authoring to burn and then delete only older disk groups so not so much would be in the eVault.  But I am still wondering how bigger solutions than mine are handling this.

5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable
Hello Aaron,

I wanted to revisit your post and ask if you found a solution? We are currently using eVault to backup our aprox 3TB Disk Groups/Image Files but are having an issue with it completing. The scheduled backup runs longer than 17hours. This definitely is not practical for a daily backup, daily is a requirement. We have made sure that dedup feature is working in eVault.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Sam_Lee
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ
I'm also looking for the same. We have about 3TB of disk groups/Images too and I've been looking for a way to do a copy 3. I'm not sure eVault would work for us, but would you recommend it?

Jennifer_Rusert
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We are currently reviewing our backup strategy as well. I'm interested in what others are doing for their backup solutions. Currently, a full and incremental backup is done on the OnBase application, database and file server on a monthly and weekly basis.

John_Sommervill
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ
We are also looking for a similar solution. We are thinking of using AWS S3 and Glacier, but wanted to try and find a good practice of how we should actually backup the OnBase disk groups/volumes.