Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service returning null in current keyword with value

Roberto_Nuñez
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hello Everybody,

I have made a webservice under web service publishing. I found that there's a keyword in "DisplayColumns" that came with value: i:nil="true"/>

Actually the keyword in the document types has a value already. I don't know why is this behavior. Any ideas?  

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Roberto_Nuñez
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hello Paul,

Sorry for delay in the replay.

I figure out that the custom query return the <NúmeroDePóliza> with a value for all document types configured into it and others custom querys but no in the web service. Im using OnBase 15 in my dev environment.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ptam
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hello Roberto,

Can you tell me if this behavior of the Custom Query WSP operation occurs only on this document or is does it occur all CQ results for all documents? Also, what version of OnBase are you using?

My guess for the cause of this issue, without knowing more background, is that the Custom Query display column configuration was changed or deleted after the WSP web service was published causing an inconsistency between the WSP web service and the Custom Query definition. When using WSP, any change in an OnBase configuration object used in a published WSP project could invalidate the WSP web service.

For example, if you publish a WSP project to create a document containing a set a keywords, then you later delete a keyword from the Document Type configuration, that WSP project may no longer work and must be recreated. Likewise, if you publish a WSP project to do a Custom Query and return display columns, then you later remove a display column on the Custom Query, the WSP project may no longer work.

Thanks,
Paul Tam

Roberto_Nuñez
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hello Paul,

Sorry for delay in the replay.

I figure out that the custom query return the <NúmeroDePóliza> with a value for all document types configured into it and others custom querys but no in the web service. Im using OnBase 15 in my dev environment.

Also NumerodePoliza keyword (Policy Number) is a required keyword for those document types. I wonder, base on your answer, removing a keyword from a doctype could invalidate the web service functionality, however this keyword should not be removed because is set as required unless there's another thing I can't figure out is affecting functionality and could affect also another keyword.