cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting to update the Docdate through the API, An error occurred within the Unity API: Failed to acquire server license for product code 'EDM'

Sameer_Lengade
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

So I am trying to update the DocumentDate through the on an existing document.  I have been able to update keywords, however, I used 

the StoreRevisionProperties object and using the pagedata of the existing doc, trying to create a new version so I can update the docDate, however that is only readonly in the StoreRevisionProperties.

StoreRevisionProperties props = storage.CreateStoreRevisionProperties(doc, fileType);

using (PageData pd = app.Core.Retrieval.Image.GetDocument(doc.DefaultRenditionOfLatestRevision))
{
doc = storage.StoreNewRevision(pd, props);
}
return doc.ID;

What is the best way to update the docDate on an API?

Also, I get the error

An error occurred within the Unity API: Failed to acquire server license for product code 'EDM'

when running the StoreNewRevision command, unsure what that means?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi. I believe the EDM Services license is required to store revisions. You should be able to determine if the document type is configured for revisions.  Under the DocumentType in configuration there is a button 'Rendition/Revision'.  This must be enabled in order to store a revision or rendition.

As for the document date, you can use the 'DocumentPropertiesModifier' to change the date without reindexing the document.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Scott_McLean
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Sameer,

Creating new renditions or revisions requires the EDM Services module to be licensed.

You should be able to create a ReindexProperites object and call Storage.ReindexDocument()

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi. I believe the EDM Services license is required to store revisions. You should be able to determine if the document type is configured for revisions.  Under the DocumentType in configuration there is a button 'Rendition/Revision'.  This must be enabled in order to store a revision or rendition.

As for the document date, you can use the 'DocumentPropertiesModifier' to change the date without reindexing the document.

thank you both Scott and Daniel, I would like to change without reindexing so I will try with the modifier.