cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for Lock

Keith_Alderman
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I keep getting the following message when I close Config.  Started this week.  Please advise.

'Waiting for Lock from user (me) at workstation (my computer) for disk group System[101].'

16 REPLIES 16

Hi @Shivashankar Biradar ,

In general, the OnBase Thick Client will work unless it needs to lock the Disk Group for some reason.  Typically, this is when actions of ingesting data require the Disk Group to be promoted.

I would confirm that you do not have OnBase Config opened and locking a Disk Group.

Take care.

I have not OnBase Config opened and locking a Disk Group. Only difference is thick client version F22.1.15 is giving error and OnBase 17.0.2 is working perfectly. 

Hi @Shivashankar Biradar ,

I would recommend working with your first line of support.

Best wishes.

@Adam Shane , turns out the solution to our Disk Group lock issue via a scan using OnBase Thick Client F22.1.15 (and the CONFIG lock mentioned) was altering the driver for the database ODBC connection to ‘ODBC driver 13 for SQL Server’  (originally it was a lower version labeled 'SQL Server').  

Thanks, very comparable scenario for me.  Changing the driver also remedied the issue here.