Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vormetric

Michael_Butt1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello,

One of our customers has asked us about using database encryption with the OnBase database.  In specific they have inquired about using the Vormetric database encryption solution.  I have not had any requests for database encryption in the past. 

Do you have a stance on this or any documentation you can point to so that I can respond to their request? 

Thanks for your help.

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

Hi Mike-

We have never done any testing with this application, so we have no idea how this will work with an OnBase database. If the encryption is transparent to any application, then theoretically it would work.  But I strongly recommend testing this in a Test or Development environment, not only for functionality but for performance.  If testing reveals any problems in terms of functionality, then it would not be supported with an OnBase database.

If the customer is using SQL Server, encryption is available natively in 2008 Enterprise Edition and higher (Transparent Data Encryption).  However, be aware that utilizing TDE also causes the TempDB database to be encrypted, which may also impact performance.

HTH,

Erin

Michael_Butt1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Thank you for your response.  That is what I figured and that is the stance we'll present to them. 

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.