cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Print Driver

Charles_McNeill
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I was just reading about the virtual print driver and it sounds like exactly what I need to for a new process for our users.  Is there a cost associated with this?  We get OnBase through AllScripts,  would we have to get it from them?  Is it expensive?

Thanks

Charles

3 REPLIES 3

Sharon_Camarill
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello Charles.  

I can't address the cost but it is a very nice option.  It allows staff that already have content in an electronic format, for example an e-mail attachment or photo, to select print, select the virtual print driver as the printer, then select print.  The indexing fields display as if you had scanned the document.  If you have multiple docs with the same indexing information you can lock the keywords.
It does work very well.

Jaime_Perez1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Charles

We use the Virtual Print Driver extensively in our organization for any documents that are received electronically.  The VPD is an additional module that would need to be purchased.  It is a server install licensed product which means that you only need the server license and you can install the client on desktop computers throughout the organization.   The cost of the module is around $6,000.00 plus maintenance fees.  We purchased through Allscripts.

Nathan_Jones3
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

We've had VPD for a long time so I don't remember our exact cost, but the price someone else mentioned sounds about right.  I can tell you we feel it was worth every penny.  We found that the ROI on VPD was incredible and I expect others will have seen similar results.  We continue to find more ways to use VPD many years after our original business case.  I encourage you, don't hesitate to pick up this module!  You can work with your first line of support on pricing and purchase.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.