cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using DocPop with API

Darryl_Knight
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I looked around for information on this topic and most of what I've found deals with older version of OnBase. We're using the Hyland API to retrieve documents from Salesforce. IF there any documentation about how to configure DocPop. We're trying to create a link within Salesforce users can click on that will launch a web version for them to view the document.

4 REPLIES 4

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @Darryl ,

When you say the Hyland API, could you be more specific?  Are you using the Unity API or the REST API?

Have you investigated the OnBase Integration for Salesforce (OIFS)?

https://community.hyland.com/products/onbase/integration-for-salesforce

This does not use DocPop to display the Document as it has it's own viewer. 

Best wishes.

We are using the Hyland Document RESTAPI for foundations 22.1. We've used the API to create a view of the keywords in Salesforce, but are trying to determine how to have the user view the document

Hi @Darryl .

As mentioned, I would investigate the integration.

If that is not an option, you can reference the documentation with @Jimmy Byrne referenced on how to create a DocPop URL.

Additionally, you might need to create a checksum.  I would reference this documentation on how to create a checksum for the Pop integrations with the Unity API ...

https://community.hyland.com/gallery/items/65314-docpop-checksum-creation

Take care.

Jimmy_Byrne
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello @Darryl,

Here is a link to the "URL Guidelines" section of the DocPop MRG. You'll want to play around with the DocPop URL Creator to create a template URL. From there, you'll need to reference Salesforce documentation to develop a way of dynamically populating the URL parameters based on the values present on the Salesforce object(s). 

For example:

3bda9d7f5b394e82911fc05117efbe34

As an alternative, you may be interested in reviewing the OnBase Integration for Salesforce (OIFS) which offers native functionality for what you are trying to do. 

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.