cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using AD for authentication only in OnBase 17

Sherri_Henderso
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I know that there have been some changes to the network security configuration in the last few releases of OnBase.  At one time you we able to setup one network group (say "OnBase Users") and use that group for the ad authentication only.  At that point all other security was set using the OnBase user groups.  Is this still an option with either Active Directory - Enhanced or Active Directory - Basic?  The main client will be the unity client.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Matt_OConnell
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello Sherri

This still exists using "Active Directory - Enhanced".  The option is called "Manage Manually".  Here is how you access it:

1)  (with -ROMANZO switch)  Utils -> Directory Service Authentication

2)  Active Directory - Enhanced -> Settings

3)  OnBase Groups will be on the right.  Right click on the group.  There should be an option for "Manage Manually"

4)  It will give a warning if there are any current mapped AD groups letting you know that the mapping will be removed. 

5)  (Managed manually) should be to the right of the group afterwards.  You should not be able to map any AD groups to the OnBase group.

Once this is complete, then the group will only be managed through OnBase.  The only way to add members to the group would be to do it through "User Groups & Rights" or add the user to the group in "User Names & Passwords".

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Thanks

-Matt O'Connell

Hyland Software - R&D Infrastructure

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Matt_OConnell
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello Sherri

This still exists using "Active Directory - Enhanced".  The option is called "Manage Manually".  Here is how you access it:

1)  (with -ROMANZO switch)  Utils -> Directory Service Authentication

2)  Active Directory - Enhanced -> Settings

3)  OnBase Groups will be on the right.  Right click on the group.  There should be an option for "Manage Manually"

4)  It will give a warning if there are any current mapped AD groups letting you know that the mapping will be removed. 

5)  (Managed manually) should be to the right of the group afterwards.  You should not be able to map any AD groups to the OnBase group.

Once this is complete, then the group will only be managed through OnBase.  The only way to add members to the group would be to do it through "User Groups & Rights" or add the user to the group in "User Names & Passwords".

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Thanks

-Matt O'Connell

Hyland Software - R&D Infrastructure

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!