cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Autofill Keyword Set to populate a Keyword with multiple possible values (data set)

Amy_Keith
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I have a Keyword Type that is configured to use a data set. The values in the data set (i.e., the possible values for the keyword) are YES and NO. I want to populate this keyword using an external Autofill Keyword Set. I have set up the Autofill to use a SQL query and set the value of  the keyword to YES or NO, depending on certain conditions. However, when I run the autofill in Unity Client, the keyword doesn't populate. Is this expected behavior? 

2 REPLIES 2

Nick_McElheny
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Amy,

If you've already reset the cache and relaunched since creating the autofill, my suspicion would be that it has something to do with the ODBC connection as it sounds like this is a SQL autofill.  If it's working in Config, but not Unity, it could be that the ODBC connection is in place from where you're running Config from, but not on the App Server that unity is connecting to.  Also, Config is a 32-bit application, while the AppServer can be set up as either 32-bit or 64-bit.  If you have a 64-bit app server, it might be that the ODBC connection wasn't set up as 64-bit.  I typically create the same ODBC connection in both 32-bit and 64-bit so that the autofills work from both Config and the App Server.

Hope this helps.

Nick

Amy_Keith
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the info. This is a SQL autofill. I figured it out. When I attached the autofill to a document type, I had to actually reset IIS for it to take effect. All good now!

Thanks for your help,

Amy