cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Multiple Web Server App Pools

Austin_Barber1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I think I'm overthinking this, but how do you update multiple web server app pools to a newer version of OnBase. When I look at the OnBase server updater tool, it shows my web servers on version 18. I've updated my app server to the latest version, EP5. I've run the web server installation and configured it during setup. Do I need to manually copy the files from the installation appserver folder over to the other app pool folders for it to update? Do I need to run the web server installer multiple times? I'm kind of confused on what I need to do next to update them. I've gone back and watched the web server installation and troubleshooting videos in the training. I didn't see anything in there that helps answer my question. I've tried a couple different searches in different areas of the forums but nothing is coming back to me that looks similar to my issue. 

Thanks any assistance!

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @Austin Barber ,

The OnBase Server Updater tool is only used to update web apps (OnBase Web Server, Application Server, etc) within a version of the software.  It does not upgrade to new version of the software.  If you would like to upgrade, you'll have to use the installer to upgrade one instance and then copy to the other instances accordingly.

I'm sure there is a way to script this out if you would like (PowerShell).  The installer has command line shortcuts as does IIS.

Best wishes.

View answer in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Hi @Austin Barber ,

Lets assume you have the following Web Server web applications ...

- AppNet

- AppNetDocPop

- AppNetAD

In this example, AppNet is the base Web Server installed using the installer and the other two were created using WAMCON.  Here is an example of the steps you can use to upgrade ...

- Backup all web.configs

- Upgrade AppNet using the setup.exe to OnBase Foundation EP5

- Remove AppNetDocPop and AppNetAD (i.e. remove the web apps in IIS and delete the folders)

- Use WAMCON to create AppNetDocPop and AppNetAD (or manually create them)

Hope this helps.

@Adam Shane 

Thank you for the typed out example. I believe that makes sense and will give it a try. I appreicate the help. 

As @Adam Shane recommends, we rename the old directories before make additional copies of the AppServer and AppNet webapps. This is useful when you want to compare web.config between the new and old versions.

Rose_Nedrow
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi, @Austin Barber,

You can find the latest Server Updater here:  Server Updater 0.3.5.1

Thank you,

Rose Nedrow

Thank you.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.