cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity Scheduler Outbound Email

John_Snow1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I am trying to build a notification into my workflow that sends an Email notification if a document has been in a queue for x amount of days. 

I have created the Rules/Tasks. 

I have created a unity scheduler task. 

But when I try to send a test notification nothing happens. I have been reading about "The Distribution Service" and am getting conflicting informationn about weather or not The Distribution Service is legacy technology that has been replaced by the Unity Scheduler. But in the Workflow MRG it states that workflow notifications need to go through the distribution service. Where can I check if this service is installed because the only information I can find in regards to installing a Distribution Service is for OnBase 14 and I am on EP1. 

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Cameron_Roberts
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi John,

It is possible the Distribution Service is not configured properly. Can you please verify the information entered is correct specifically the email server settings.

Cameron

View answer in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Your observation that Email Sending Tasks do not show up in the Scheduler Tasks tab of a Workflow Timer in OnBase Studio is expected behavior. Only Unity Scheduler Tasks of Type Workflow will appear there.

Tasks of other types, including Email Sending, will not.

Also confused about the distribution service, others have said below that it isnt needed anymore due to Unity Scheduler. Does there need to be a windows service (Distribution Service) installed on one of our servers? 

No, you no longer need to install a separate Windows Service for the Distribution Service Product.

Since OnBase Foundation EP1, the Email Sending Tasks that used to be executed by a separate Windows Service are now executed by the Unity Scheduler Service. 

Distribution Service is no longer an installed NT Service. Distribution Service is a product, that requires configuration, that is run via Email Sending tasks in the Unity Scheduler or as I had you attempt manually via the Management Console. I have been trying to assist you in verifying the configuration of Distribution Service then work back. Think of Distribution Service as the interface with an email server that's only purpose it to route email. Distribution Service needs the Unity Scheduler to run. If Distribution Service is not configured correctly email will not route. 

Ok... So I just started messing with my Distribution service settings. And I disabled the SSL checkbox and emails are now coming through.... I really apricate all your help.