cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity Reindex ad hoc ~ Can you set the default Document Type Group to All?

Amanda_Jensen
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

We just upgraded to Unity v16. Previously (v14), when we Reindex a document the Doc Type Group was set to All so the user could have the option of changing to doc type group to narrow down the list or to select the desired doc type from the whole list. Now in v16 the Reindex ad hoc defaults to the doc type group for the assigned doc type. Users are now having to manually change it to all (unless they know what group they need). Is there a way to change this back?

2 REPLIES 2

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hey Amanda,

Thanks for using the Community! I have been able to track down some information about this, but it currently does not look like we will be able to revert this (via some option) without an SCR/Enhancement being entered.

This functionality was added via SCR 167514 so that the default was set to <All> for the DTG in the re-index panel. Later on SCR 236881 requested that this be revered back to the current Document Type's - DTG, which is marked as already being available in OnBase 16.0. So somewhere in between those two SCRs and Versions we must have reverted the changed made by SCR 167514. I could not track down the specific SCR but I am sure there is one out there. Part of this reasoning that this change was made was that in the event of a large number of document types existing if <All> was selected by default that this could cause the panel to become slow to load.

If you'd like to enter an enhancement to change it back to the way it was in 14.0 (or better an option to toggle this behavior) I would suggest reaching out to your first line of support.

Thanks,

I just realized I wasn't following this group so I just saw your reply now. Thank you for the information! An option to toggle the DTGs would be great. I can see the benefit to having both ways, but for our county we would prefer to have ALL set. So I'll submit a request for an SCR to support. Thanks again!