cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to map print queue or assign print queue to service

Tammy_Porter
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I created a new print queue for an existing process, and I am unable to map it to a network printer, and because of that, I'm unable to add it to a print server.  However, this is only happening in our Production environment.  I have no problems doing this in Test.

Long story short - we have a workflow process that prints documents to network printers on our Production server.  Each branch has their own print queue, which is mapped to a specific printer at that location only.  We have Thick client running as a service for this process using the -PS switch.

This is not something new --- we've had it in place for 7 or 8 years.  This new print queue is for a new location that is being converted this weekend (9/16-9/18/2022). 

We upgraded from v16 to v18 in October of 2020, and obviously hadn't added to this process since before that, because this is the first time we've had this problem.

Is there possibly a registry key on the Production server that could cause this?

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated --- thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Tammy Porter,

Check out this TKB article and the System Administration MRG for information on What's required to print a document to a network printer from the Workflow 'Print Document' action?

Description

What components etc are required to print a document to a network printer from a Workflow timer using the print document action?

Resolution

• A network print queue will need to be setup in Configuration | Printing | Print Queues.
  • The print queue will then need to be mapped to a specific printer in Client | User | Workstation Options | Print Queue Mapping.
  • An OnBase Client (or OnBase Client as a service) will need to run with the -PS switch and have the Print Queue assigned as a Print Server Queue in Client | User | Workstation Options | Print Server Queues.
  • The above network print queue can then be assigned to the ‘Print Document’ action.

This process is detailed in the following sections of the System Administration MRG:
         Print Queue Configuration - 481
         Workstation Options Print Queue Mapping - 32
         Workstation Options Print Server Queues - 35

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

~Alan