cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble connecting from the Unity API to an app server that uses Windows authentication in OnBase EP3

Tim_Sanders
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We are starting to upgrade to EP3 from OB 18. We have a number of app server urls and one of them is set to use Windows authentication.
We haven't had trouble connecting via the Unity API to it in past versions of OnBase, but we are having trouble connecting to the Windows authentication configured app server url. Connections to the other urls are working using the same code. 

I have tried using both OnBaseAuthenticationProperties and DomainAuthenticationProperties to authenticate.
Both fail to authenticate.

Has anyone experienced this issue or know of a fix for it?

Thanks!

Here's an example of the error:

Exception: null
Exception in thread "main" Hyland.Unity.UnityAPIException: An error occurred within the Unity API
---------------------
Server Source: null
Server TargetSite: null
Server Exception: null ---> null
        at Hyland.Unity.Application.Execute(Application.java:933)
        at Hyland.Unity.Application.Execute(Application.java:904)
        at Hyland.Unity.Application.ExecuteWithValidation(Application.java:829)
        at Hyland.Unity.Application.Disconnect(Application.java:812)
        at edu.umich.med.doc.onbase.unity.connect.Connectable.forceDisconnect(Connectable.java:108)
        at edu.umich.med.doc.onbase.scripts.UnityQueryDocuments.main(UnityQueryDocuments.java:95)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unauthorized
        at Hyland.Services.OptimizedSoapServiceClient.executeVersion2(OptimizedSoapServiceClient.java:331)
        at Hyland.Services.OptimizedSoapServiceClient.Execute(OptimizedSoapServiceClient.java:114)
        at Hyland.Unity.Application.Execute(Application.java:928)
        ... 5 more
6 REPLIES 6

Steve_Williams1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi,

I have been working on EP5, but had similar issues around Authentication.  I have been using OnBase since OnBase 8 and have always configured IIS App Server security the same way.  Somewhere in the EP series, the IIS security changed.  I spent a large number of hours going through the appropriate MRG's trying to figure it out and eventually got Hyland involved through my FLOS.

It turns out the MRG's are not exactly correct, or rather, aren't specific enough to configure the IIS security correctly under some circumstances.

Hyland provided me with a document that shows how to configure the security in IIS correctly.  There are some differences between the MRG's and this document, so following the MRG's isn't (necessarily) correct.

Hyland stated that this white paper is "definitive" and to follow it rather than the MRG's.  

I won't share the one I have because I don't know if it's the most recent version, but the document I have is called:

Directory Service Authentication White Paper 185.pdf

This may or may not help, but it's another resource at least!

Good luck,

Steve Williams

That document can be downloaded at this link:

Directory Service Authentication White Paper (1.8.5) (hyland.com)

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.