cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool to discover if Data mining is underway on our DMZ server.

Jeanne_Zajac
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

This seems to be an security and resource issue to me.  Is there any SQL query or flag that would tip us off if there's data mining underway on our DMZ server?  Or, is there any other method or tool to use to discover if data mining is underway on our OnBase DMZ server?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Warren_Kopp
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I'm not aware of any way to determine if someone is using a legitimate OnBase login to mine data from a system. Prevention of that would require strict setup and auditing of permissions. Normal seperation of privilege should prevent a single login from viewing your entire environment. 

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Warren_Kopp
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Greetings Jeanne, 

Could you give me a few more details about your particular situation? Are you concerned that someone is using OnBase to mine data, or accessing your database through an OnBase webserver without actually using OnBase? I'm not sure I'll have much advice eitherway, but it will help others understand what you're asking. 

Jeanne_Zajac
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Yes, that is exactly what we were concerned about. We wish to be proactive instead of reactive.

Warren - Thank you, and now I understand your question a bit better. Inside we are not so concerned about because we appreciate and use the OnBase security through groups and permissions very well.; but what about protection from data mining from an outside source on our webserver?

There is a very small amount of data exposed simply by running any IIS instance that is available by default. So far as OnBase data being exposed, there should be very little that can be mined without a valid login. Should an OnBase login be compromised, it would be a matter of auditing connections and actions while connected.