cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Transaction log for our OnBase SQL DB is full. ERROR[42000]. log_reuse_wait = 2, log_reuse_wait_desc = LOG_BACKUP.

George_Cicarlan
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

The Transaction log for our OnBase SQL DB is full. Every time my users try to log in they receive an ERROR[42000]. I ran a SQL query for the db and found out that the value for log_reuse_wait is 2, also for log_reuse_wait_desc the string is LOG_BACKUP. Cannot log into config or Unity with manager. My users can't do anything, we're stuck. How do I fix this problem? Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Brad_Phillips
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Dear George,

Do you know if your database is running in Simple recovery model or Full recovery model?  You can find this out by opening management studio and right clicking on the database itself, and look at it's options under properties.  If it's in a Full recovery model, it probably hasn't taken a transaction log backup in a while.  If it's in Simple recovery model, you may have run out of space on the disk or you hit the maximum size set for the transaction log file.

A situation like this would be best handled by your DBA.  However, if you don't have one, and all the above sounds obscure to you, it would be best to open a support issue with your first line of support and they should get you the help you need.  Our Tech Support team can respond to you faster than the forums.

Hope this helps!
Brad

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

George,

Even if this solution got users back into the system, I'm afraid the transaction log will just eat up the space you gave it, and you may be back in the same situation.

I still recommend you work with your DBA to make sure transaction log backups are occurring.

Thanks,
Brad
Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.