cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text search / webBrowserRenderMode

Lucas_Rebello
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I've recently upgraded from OnBase Unity Client 17 to Unity Client 21 and found that the use of "Ctrl + F" to search for text within a document/form was no longer available. After troubleshooting, I found that switching the "webBrowserRenderMode" setting in the "obunity" configuration file from "chromium" to "ie" fixed the problem and allowed the "Ctrl + F" function to be used. I'm wondering if there is another solution to this that does not require making changes to the "obunity" file. 

8c2f838c73d44204b89a546d794db96e

2 REPLIES 2

Mike_Walkuski
Employee
Employee

Hi @Lucas Rebello ,

I have a few questions to try to get a better idea of where you're seeing this behavior.

Where exactly are you trying to use CTRL + F?

What kind of documents are you viewing?

When you say internal text searches are you referring to OnBase Text Search for Text documents or like you have a document open and searching in there?

If you have any screenshots, please feel free to share as that will help clarify things as well.

Hello Mike, 

Thanks for responding so quickly! 

I rephrased my original post as I may have been asking two separate questions.

To clarify, I am using 'CTRL + F' (Windows find box) to search for specific text within an HTML or PDF document that has been uploaded to OnBase.

I've attached 2 screenshots; One showing the 'CTRL + F' function being used in the Unity Client to search an HTML document; The other shows the "obunity configuration file" line where the "webBrowserRenderMode" can be switched from "chromium" to "ie" which allows the 'CTRL + F' function to be used.

Thanks,

Lucas