cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test System Creation Unable to Create Database Schema

Kris_Conrads
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

I am getting ready for an upgrade from EP3 (20.3.44.1000) to Foundation 23.  I wanted to refresh my test environment from production.  This is my first time running TSC with the new GUI interface.

When I try to run it, I am getting an error:  Failed to create database schema

I created a new, empty database, made the hsi user the db_owner, and ran TSC.  I thought maybe I needed to run Foundation DB Utils, but still got the same error.  I even went as far as putting the hsi user in the sysadmin role on the SQL server temporarily and that didn't help.  I've verified the hsi user can log in remotely by logging in from my machine as that user using SSMS.  

In Diagnostics Console, I see there's an error establishing a connection to the SQL Server, so I checked the connection string and ODBC settings.  Both test successfully.  Both are using the hsi user.

Any suggestions?

Thanks to the collective brain!

2 REPLIES 2

George_Sialmas
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

@Kris Conrads To be honest I've never used the TSC GUI version via OnBase Configuration module yet, so I decided to try it out locally on my VM to test it out. Here are the steps I did:

• Created a blank DB via SSMS logged in as the sa account. Are you in a position to use the sa account? Please note: You can't run RecreateDBUser on an empty DB as you will get the following errors:
    ERROR: hsi not a part of the clientgp group
    ERROR: HSI not a part of the db_owner group ERROR: HSI not a part of the db_securityadmin group

• Using WAMCOM, added a new a new Connection string to the Application Server's web.config for the destination database. Please note, I used the sa credentials.

• Created a folder for my destination Disk Group Path.
  • In OnBase Configuration | Utils | Change Control | Test System Creation created a new Profile:
    a4e677ab42dd4d8da1969d1a60de9949

• Clicked Execute and I was prompted with the Password Verification window, where I entered the MANAGER's password and checked "Show detailed logs" and clicked Run.
    387f706ce959453f903385f163b24957

• As per the image below, it successfully created DB schema
    429e89d4277140529c56fda511f74f85

• Finally, received the Test System Creation Successful message.
    7e2cf91d67b549269a79f67e4e88006f

Good luck,

George

Thank you so much,  @George Sialmas 

Looks like the RecreateDBUsers script was my error.  Frustrating that the MRG says the FoundationDBUtils is required, but doesn't mention the RecreateDBUsers.  At least not in the TSC section.  

I ended up using the command line version to refresh my test environment.  

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.