cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweeping into batches from OneDrive

Michelle_Troxel
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

I have a customer who would like to sweep files on OneDrive automatically for a scan queue. I'm familiar with how to sweep from a UNC path. But the UNC path for OneDrive seems to be the local host name which wouldn't work. Has anyone set up a scheduled scan queue sweep for a folder on OneDrive? We do not have Sharepoint integration.

thanks

Michelle

7 REPLIES 7

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @Michelle Troxell ,

To my knowledge the OneDrive path will not change.  It is simply a path on the workstation under the user profile which is used along with the OneDrive service to upload files. 

You would be able to Sweep files from the local path.

6296e1079d1749f39b6ac3b78aa6d50a

Best wishes.

@Adam Shane thanks for that. This would be multiple users saving to the same shared One Drive folder and doing a scheduled sweep for one scan queue, not user initiated. I am not familiar with how OneDrive is configured behind the scenes. I've only dealt with DFS shares with a UNC path of a shared folder. I would assume the OnBase service account would have to have rights to the folder they want to sweep. And it would be multiple workstations accessing that folder.

Michelle

My pleasure @Michelle Troxell .

To my knowledge OneDrive is local to the users profile OR in the Cloud.  Meaning multiple users do not share a local OneDrive folder.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/share-onedrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-...

You can Share a folder in OneDrive which will show up within another user's OneDrive, but those folders are then shared to the Cloud and then possibly synced down to the users workstation within their OneDrive folder.

With OneDrive it is not possible for multiple users to save to the same local folder.  If they are saving to the same folder, then it would be within OneDrive in the Cloud.  There is no way through Sweep to import those files.

Best wishes.

@Adam Shane that's what I thought but I needed further confirmation.

Thank you!

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.