cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swap keywords of an incorrectly scanned document

Jared_Logan1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I have two documents that were scanned and indexed with the incorrect keywords associated with them.  For example, a notice was scanned in as an order and vice versa.  Is there a way to quickly "swap" the keywords for the two documents?  In other words is there a quick way to associate the misplaced keywords with the correct document versus having to open each document and manually re-typing the keywords?  We are using version 9.2

Thanks,

JARED

4 REPLIES 4

Andy_Mears
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Jared,

In the Thick Client, if you can retrieve both documents in the hit list then select (highlight) both documents in the list and right-click "Send To > Document Editor..." This should display a window titled "Multiple Document Modification" and will allow you to copy/move the pages between the two documents. Each document will be presented as a separate row.

You will need to have the group privilege "Client Based Products" > "Advanced Document Splitter" for this to be available.

Thansk for the quick reply.  Even despite having the group privileges, I do not see an option to send to document editor.  When I right click the doument and send to, the option for document editor is not there.

Andy_Mears
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

This feature only works with Scanned Images and not PDF or Office Documents.

We are on 11.0.1 but I can see in the 9.2 Client MRG page 152 starts the reference to the feature. Do you have an admin account with all permissions you can test with?

Jared_Logan1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Thanks Andy, yes I am trying the manager's account on scanned images (Tiff).  It's definitely a weird thing but maybe when we go to version 12 next month there will be an easier way of swapping keywords.