cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop multiple of the same keyword

Amy_Lupkes
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

We are a healthcare organization and utilize MRN, CSN and HAR as our primary keywords for almost all documents to attach to a patients chart in both OnBase and in Epic.   Through a new workflow, we are attaching documents to the OnBase  charts prior to sending a T02 out to Epic, we are finding that documents have 2-3 CSN's entered, sometimes multiple MRN's, we even found multiple gender keywords on documents, which causes the chart attachment to fail and needs review.  

We have found that some of the cause is multiple bar-codes, while others are human error and misuse of keyword locks.  The scan queues do have QA enabled, but that is not stopping the issue.   

We would never have multiples of the same keyword and are looking for a way to only allow 1 instance of a keyword on a document.   Is there a way to stop this from occurring during the indexing process?  Any help or advice is appreciated!  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Jan_Sitton
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Amy - Did you ever get a resolution to this issue? We have the same problem.  We are on Foundation EP3 but discovered this problem when we were on version 17.  Thanks

Michelle_Troxel
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

I'm looking for more information on this. We have it happen with the bar code process. The bar code process combines documents and attaches all the csn's. We are able to stop them in the HL7 sending workflow before they go to Epic but certainly makes a mess to clean up.

I opened a support ticket and was told the bar code process was working as designed. My customers tell me this wasn't happening before (before when is questionable) but we haven't upgraded in over a year.