cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server Security Logins Have All PC's Listed?

Kyle_Rholl
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I was going through my SQL Server Security logins and found that all of the PC names from AD are listed there. Each one is mapped to our OnBase Database as the PC name for User and a Default Schema as hsi. I am guessing that the previous Sys. Admin has some sort of script to pull all the PC's in but I have never seen this before.

It does not pull any new PC's that have been created and added to the Domain into this area. Has anyone else experienced this and if so do you know why it is occurring or how to clean it up and get those removed without "breaking" anything.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Ansley_Ingram
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Kyle,

The logins you are seeing are what's referred to as Workstation Logins. The Database Reference Guide contains additional information on these starting on PDF page 11.

Hope that helps.

Ansley

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Christian_Jones
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Kyle,

I would recommend contacting your FLOS.

When a user, logs into OnBase using the Client, the workstation is then added to this list. This would be normal functionality.

New PCs added to the Domain would not automatically get added to this list.

Kevin_Perron
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Kyle

As Christian stated this is default behavior but what could also be confusing is you can change that default behavior.  In configuration, under the Users menu, choose the Global Client Settings and look at the Security tab.  There is a check box to Disable workstation account creation.  This will stop the clients from creating a SQL server account for each Workstation. 

Hope this helps

KP

Ansley_Ingram
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Kyle,

The logins you are seeing are what's referred to as Workstation Logins. The Database Reference Guide contains additional information on these starting on PDF page 11.

Hope that helps.

Ansley