cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Query to track workflow licences

Patty_Delmott
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I have downloaded the most recent Database Reporting Guide (although the date says 2004).  I see in the appendix for Securitylog that License Overage is actionnum 1, subaction 8.  But when I query my data for actionnum 1, I don't get any license overages (we have had some), and I see subaction values that aren't listed in the MRG.  We don't own Report Services, but are pretty good with SQL queries.  What is the best way for me to monitor our license useage (and overages)?

Thanks.  Patty

8 REPLIES 8

Patty,
I believe you can find a list of the currently assigned named licenses by running the User Account Control report in Config - it will be near the end of the report.
Named User Licenses are user-specific and set under a specific user's settings.
Try searching for "Named User License" in the Sys Admin MRG for more info.

Thanks, everyone! Corinthia I ran the report and found the named users license info at the bottom. Then I looked in config for a user and finally saw the Named User License. I have worked with OnBase for 8 years and never added/updated a named user. Now I know! I'm sure to have more efficient license consumption now.

Ansley_Ingram
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Patty,

The License Overage log entry in the Security Log is actually related to some of the emergency access options with concurrent licenses, not to Workflow licenses. 

Rodger's query related to the hsi.licusage table is Hyland's recommendation on tracking license usage. In order for that table to be populated, you'll need to enable the option in Configuration under Utils > Core Based Settings > Log License Usage. The System Administration MRG has more detailed information about this setting. 

Hope that helps!

Ansley

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.