cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Unity Form Externally - Security Best Practices OB 16 and EP3

Ellen_A_Barry
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We have not shared a Unity Form externally. These forms will contain personal banking and SS# values.  Is there a best practice for creating, sharing forms?  I read the Unity forms and security section (Sharing Form).  

Our security director is asking for additional information on how external forms work with OnBase. 

Can someone point me to specific documentation or blogs around current security best practices - tips and tricks - additional technical notes?  

We have OB 16 in PRD and Foundation EP3 in our QAS environment.

Thanks in advance.... another OnBase Adventure about to happen!

Ellie Barry 

3 REPLIES 3

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Ellie.

For Unity Forms to be shared they are accessed via the OnBase Web Server.  Meaning the same security applies to the OnBase Web Client as they do to the Shared Unity Forms access via a URL.  Further, any HTTPS bindings associated with the OnBase Web Server would apply and be used to encrypt the transfer of the data from the server to the client.

The only caveat is with respect to the user account used to access the form.   The Shared Unity Form can be configured to require a user to authenticate, or user a common user to authenticate (i.e. Use Fixed Credentials).

db781e8cf47d4f47ac5c36e84d2ef07a

Since there is personal information on the Unity Form you'll want to make sure the user authenticates in order to access the Unity Form. 

The next consideration is around authentication.  Any method supported by the OnBase Web Server is available for authenticating the user in order to access the Shared Unity Form.  Since the forms are being access externally, you'll need a way to authenticate the users.  This could be done through federated authentication (SAML, third party identity provider) or by using an OnBase username and password.

You can also look into the FormPop configuration settings which will allow you to setup a checksum.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Adam,  this is great information and will pass this on to our Sys Admin.  Appreciate the details and tips!

My pleasure.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.