cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service running for conversion

Leah_Rice
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We have a server with both a client and a service configured with the -SCANAUTOIMAGEPROCESS switch. We have scan queues configured for Image Processing, with the Convert Documents to Image File Format option. The documents are initially imported using Subscription Server, and Subscription Server rules are set to convert messages to HTML on import. OnBase build is 13.0.1.608. 64-bit Virtual Printer build is 13.0.4944.1031.

When we run that process as a service, HTML email messages are becoming corrupt upon conversion. 

When running as a client, conversion occurs correctly.

For recoverability and ease-of-use, we prefer to run the process as a service. 

I am not sure if this is possible because I think the client requires to bring the document up to modify it and the running it as a service does not allow the document to be retrieved as the client does.  

Any insight would be appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1

Marcus_Christi6
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

The only time I've seen this happen was when the Windows credential running the service did not have rights to the disk group location where the email messages are being stored.  Double check those permissions.  Also make sure you are not running Subscription Server as Local System or something; it does need to be a Windows credential that has Modify permissions on the disk group path.

If you're using a shared service that is doing both the import and the image processing you may be running into an issue where the Subscription Server module cannot do certain processes in the scan queue.  To get around that, I've always ever only built Subscription Server and Image Processing with separate services to do a "hand off".  Subscription Server gets it in there, Image Processing does the work.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.