Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Notification file format

David_Chatterto
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hello,

When we use the action 'Send Notification' in Workflow, the attached document (Unity form) is shown as a TIF image file. The problem is it only displays a limited amount of information on one page. Is there any way to change it to send it as a PDF or HTML file? We've seen that it used to send the forms as HTML files but then it changed to TIF files.

Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED ANSWERS

Theresa_Yu
Employee
Employee

Hi David,

The sending of Unity Forms as TIF image files was introduced starting in OnBase 17 to address issues with images, signatures, and other components not rendering properly when Unity Forms were sent in native format. 

There is a reference to this change in the following TSKB:

https://community.hyland.com/tskb/000002852-images-on-a-unity-form-template-that-are-stored-as-syste...

You can also find the following note in the Hyland Distribution Service MRG:

324f003671544c8597d08455f4c562bf

Currently, there is no option to change this default behavior.

As a workaround, you could use a UPop/DocPop link  instead, which would present the Unity Form in its native Format. 

View answer in original post

David_Chatterto
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

After doing some research, it would appear that most programs don't display all pages in a multi page TIFF. You need to download a 3rd party viewer or use Windows Photo viewer, but this doesn't come with Windows 10 any more.

Personally, I'd love to see the option in OnBase to choose which file type to use when sending Unity forms.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Theresa_Yu
Employee
Employee

Hi David,

The sending of Unity Forms as TIF image files was introduced starting in OnBase 17 to address issues with images, signatures, and other components not rendering properly when Unity Forms were sent in native format. 

There is a reference to this change in the following TSKB:

https://community.hyland.com/tskb/000002852-images-on-a-unity-form-template-that-are-stored-as-syste...

You can also find the following note in the Hyland Distribution Service MRG:

324f003671544c8597d08455f4c562bf

Currently, there is no option to change this default behavior.

As a workaround, you could use a UPop/DocPop link  instead, which would present the Unity Form in its native Format. 

David_Chatterto
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Thanks Theresa. Strange that when I asked FLOS when this changed and they couldn't tell me.

We still have the issue that it only displays one page,  therefore cutting off large forms. These folks don't use OnBase so pop links are not an option. I'm working with FLOS so will update when I have a resolution.

David_Chatterto
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

After doing some research, it would appear that most programs don't display all pages in a multi page TIFF. You need to download a 3rd party viewer or use Windows Photo viewer, but this doesn't come with Windows 10 any more.

Personally, I'd love to see the option in OnBase to choose which file type to use when sending Unity forms.