cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restict Keyword to One Value?

Mark_Stoner
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Is there a simple way to restrict a keyword to one value? In other words, can users be limited from placing more than one keyword value on a document?  The only thing I can find in the MRG is making a keyword type Cascading Data Set, which seems unnecessarily complicated.

3 REPLIES 3

Larissa_Armand
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

I seem to recall seeing a suggestion to create a keyword group with just the one keyword type. If the keyword group is not configured as multi-instance, I think that will do what you are looking for. 

It's a bummer we have an inherited instance and moving to a MIKG would be a disaster unless  Hyland migrated the data to a new table. Thanks for the suggestion Larissa.

Shiva_Teja_Anan
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

We submitted SCR #305048 - Ability to limit the number of values/instances of a Keyword Type on a document type, a while ago, but was closed as duplicate. 

Hyland - Can you please provide more information on the original SCR and its current status?

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.