Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REST API Authentication

Heine_Michaelse
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi,

I'm a developer and trying to make a toolbox to the automation software UiPath. It's peraty easy to make the activitys in general, but when it comes to the Authentication part is't a litle deficient.

When I look at the Hyland REST API Portal there are no examels on how. There are only a note that it's a http bearer method, and the method is fine but how to get the bearer key?

I hope there are some one here there are smartre then me. I can't find the way to get the key 🙂

In advance thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Nathaniel_Call1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Heine,

In order to generate a bearer token you need to call the https://localhost/identityprovider/connect/token endpoint.

In the body, you need to pass the grant_type that is being used from IdP, the client_id, tenant, scope, and authentication credentials.

NOTE: For the longest time we didn't know we had to pass scope which by default is equal to evolution. 

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Darren, a couple of thoughts/ideas. First check in Diagnostics Console to see if there is any additional messages logged there that may help.  But one item to try would be to use "idp-tenant" for the last property instead of just "tenant" this may be different in your version from the Tech Quest class.

If you still have issues I would double check some of the values to make sure that they match what is configured on the client, just in case (scope, client_id, client_secret)

I just figured it out. I had to change the source code to this.

HttpContent content = new FormUrlEncodedContent(
new List<KeyValuePair<string, string>>()
{
new KeyValuePair<string, string>("grant_type",properties.GrantType),
new KeyValuePair<string, string>("username",properties.Username),
new KeyValuePair<string, string>("password",properties.Password),
new KeyValuePair<string, string>("scope",properties.Scope),
new KeyValuePair<string, string>("client_id",properties.ClientID),
new KeyValuePair<string, string>("client_secret",properties.ClientSecret),
new KeyValuePair<string, string>("tenant",properties.Tenant),

}
);
content.Headers.ContentType = new MediaTypeHeaderValue("application/x-www-form-urlencoded");
content.Headers.ContentType.CharSet = "UTF-8";

try
{
using (HttpResponseMessage response = IdpClient.PostAsync(IdpClient.BaseAddress.ToString(), content).Result)
{
string responseBody = response?.Content?.ReadAsStringAsync().Result;
accessToken = JObject.Parse(responseBody)["access_token"]?.ToString();
}
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
throw new InvalidOperationException("Could not get response from IDP", ex);
}