cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required Keywords

Greg_Garvin
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I have a document type that is configured "No Warning" on the Unrestricted Query Warning confiuration.

This is the setting that has been in place for years and its not been a problem for the majority of our existing users.

However now we want to make that document type avalable for retrieval for a wider set of users.   We would like require those users to provide a keyword in order to search for a specific document in the doc type.....I'm hesitant to change the Unrestricted Query Warning globally on the doc type because I do not want to change the operation for existing users or affect any existing workflows.

Is there a way to require a specific OnBase user group to provide a keyword for a doc search and not change it for existing users?

Thanks

Greg G

2 REPLIES 2

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Greg,

Typically keyword restrictions such as making a keyword required for use in the retrieval dialog are set at the document type level (affecting all user groups assigned). I just found what I believe would be a way to make this work. On the user group level there is a setting entitled "Override Query Restrictions" under product rights. When using this setting, according the the System Admin Guide: Note: Users who have the Override Query Restrictions privilege are allowed to retrieve documents without supplying a keyword value for a required keyword type. This is in reference to using the document type setting "REQR - Keyword field is required for Retrieve Dialog Queries." It sounds like as long as you assign this setting to the user groups who are allowed to perform the search without entering a value than this should accomplish your goal.

Edit: Had to edit this post as I was able to find a way to do it!

Thanks Justin...

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.