Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report on all documents, excluding thumbnails

Sander_Verheyen
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hi everyone,

I am creating a report to list all the documents, including the physical location. For certain document ID's it pull two records, one that looks like a thumbnail (.TIFF) and the actual document (.JPG), is there a way to exclude thumbnails to avoid duplication?

I can filter on [hsi].[itemdatapage].filesize <> 0, however wonder if there is a better way to filter out thumbnails.  

Tables and joins.

SELECT ....FROM[hsi].[itemdata] ITJOIN [hsi].[itemdatapage] IDP ON IDP.itemnum = IT.itemnumJOIN [hsi].[diskgroup] DG ON DG.diskgroupnum = IDP.diskgroupnumJOIN [hsi].[doctype] DT ON DT.itemtypenum = IT.itemtypenumJOIN [[hsi].[itemtypegroup] ITG ON ITG.itemtypegroupnum = DT.itemtypegroupnumJOIN [tcwdmdb].[OnBaseProd].[hsi].[useraccount] UA ON UA.usernum = IT.usernum
3 REPLIES 3

Larissa_Armand
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Sander,

Looking at the FILETYPE table, it looks like FILETYPENUM = 47 indicates Thumbnail Files. Have you tried adding criteria like "where IDP.FILETYPENUM != 47"?

Roger_Linhart
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Without knowing what is generating the thumbnail document it is hard to say. If the thumbnail is a rendition you should be able to identify that but I'm not sure in what table renditions are recorded. I also noticed that hsi.itemdatapage has imageheight and imagewidth columns. These might help you filter thumbnails based on their size.

Looking at an example document we have with a thumbnail, the thumbnail is stored in REVNOTETABLE with FILETYPENUM = 47 and the comment (NOTETEXT) is "Thumbnail Rendition". But as you say, that might vary depending on when and how the thumbnails are created. 

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.